COVID-19 Rights and Resources to Prevent Evictions

Voting Resources and FAQ
  • In Oregon, we vote by mail. There are no polling places, and instead, you can vote anywhere you choose.

  • You can return ballots by mail or at any official drop box across the state. Ballots need to be received or mailed by Election Day, November 8.

  • How to return your ballot in Multnomah County: Online Voter Pamphlet

  • Return ballot by mail (postmarked): November 8.

  • Return ballot in person: November 8 by 8pm.

  • Oregon starts sending ballots to all active registered voters: Oct 19. Ballots will be mailed to the address you provided when registering to vote.

  • If you are not 18 yet, you will receive a ballot after your 18th birthday.

  • There are four dropboxes in East Multnomah County:

    • Gresham Library

    • Rockwood Library

    • Fairview Library

    • Troutdale Library

  • Volunteer with East County Rising Community Projects for our nonpartisan GOTV efforts! Sign up here.

  • 26-224 [PCC] Portland Community College Measure

    • Vote “yes” to help Portland Community College issue $450 million in bonds to construct and renovate college facilities.

  • 26-225 [Metro] Parks & Natural Areas

    • Vote “yes” to support renewing a property tax at a rate of $9.60 per $100,000 assessed value for five years. And dedicate tax revenue to water quality, natural areas, and parks.

  • 26-227 [Local] David Douglas Schools

    • Vote yes to support the approval of a $140 million bond measure that would make improvements at schools across the District and build a new Future Careers Center at David Douglas High School.

  • 26-228 [City] Portland Charter Reform

    • Vote yes to strengthen our democracy by giving Portland voters more voice and choice in City Council elections and making our government more accountable and responsive to community needs.

  • 23-229 [Parkrose] Yes for Parkrose Schools

    • Vote yes to invest $2 million in our schools. This will ensure more support for our community’s teachers and a better education for our children.

  • 111 [State] Right to Healthcare

    • Vote ”yes” to require that the state “ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.

  • 112 [State] Remove Slavery from Constitution

    • Vote “yes” to repeal language from the state constitution that allows the use of slavery and involuntary servitude as criminal punishments. And add language that authorizes an Oregon court or a probation or parole agency to order alternatives to incarceration for a convicted individual as part of their sentencing.

  • 113 [State] Hold Politicians Accountable

    • Vote “yes” to hold politicians accountable by ensuring that any politician with ten unexcused absences from the job won’t be able to run for re-election.

  • 114 [State] Safe Schools, Safe Communities

    • Vote “Yes” to reduce gun violence and save lives by requiring gun permits and hands-on training so people who buy firearms can use them safely.

Rental Assistance


Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program (OERAP)

Who to Contact

To apply, please visit
Here is the checklist for tenants with what documents you need to apply.

Call: dial 211 or 1-866-698-6155 (language interpreters available by phone). Text Telephone: dial 711 and call 503-988-0466 TEXT: your zip code to 898211 (TXT211) (text/email in English and Spanish)

If you cannot apply online, you may download and print a paper application here. If you print your application, you will need to mail it to your local Program Administrator. For Multnomah County, this is the address:

209 SW 4th Ave #200 Portland, OR 97204


If you are behind on your rent or utility payments, you may be eligible if you meet all of the following criteria:

  1. You are a renter in Oregon behind on your payments.

  2. One or more members of your household can demonstrate how the COVID-19 pandemic has directly or indirectly impacted their ability to pay rent or utilities.

  3. Your annual household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income for your household size. In Multnomah County, this means your households makes less than the following amount:

  • 1 person: $54,150
  • 2 people: $61,900
  • 3 people: $69,650
  • 4 people: $77,350
  • 5 people: $83,550
  • 6 people: $89,750
  • 7 people: $95,950
  • 8 people: $102,150 reference this chart.

For income limits for other counties, please reference this chart.


Landlord Compensation Fund

Who to Contact

The landlord must be the one applying for this program. 

This program limits the power of tenants so all renters can do is fill out the Declaration of Financial Hardship for Eviction Protection and send the application instructions to their landlord.


Landlords in Oregon can receive funding for an amount equal to 80% of the rental debt owed by tenants that built up starting in April 2020 and agree to forgive the remaining 20% of the tenant’s debt as a condition of receiving payment.

To qualify, tenants need to fill out the Declaration of Financial Hardship for Eviction Protection.

There are no income requirements or citizen requirements for this program.

For more information, see these frequently asked questions.


Supporting Tenants Accessing Rental Relief (STARR)

Who to Contact

Call: 211 or 1-866-698-6155 (Language interpreters available by phone)

Text: your zip code to 898211 (TXT211)(text and email in English and Spanish)


Text Telephone: dial 711 and call 1-866-698-6155


Individuals and families making 80% Area Median Income (AMI) or below who have been impacted by COVID-19.

If your household makes less than the following amounts, you likely qualify:

1 person: $54,150
2 people: $61,900
3 people: $69,650
4 people: $77,350
5 people: $83,550
6 people: $89,750
7 people: $95,950
8 people: $102,150


City of Portland Relocation Assistance

Who to Contact

Contact Rental Services Helpdesk:

Call: 503-823-1303

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 – 11 a.m. and 1 – 4 p.m.


Renters who live in the City of Portland and experience any of the following:

  • No-cause eviction

  • Notice of non-renewal of a fixed term lease (not becoming month-to-month)

  • Qualified landlord reason for termination
  • Rent increase of 10% or more over a 12-month period
  • Substantial change of lease terms

      If you qualify you have the right to:

  • $2,900 if you are in a Studio or Single Room Occupancy (SRO)

  • $3,300 if you live in a 1-bedroom rental

  • $4,200 if you live in a 2-bedroom rental

  • $4,500 if you live in a 3-bedroom renter or larger

Click here for more information about relocation assistance


Oregon Worker Relief Fund

Who to Contact

Call: 1-888-274-7292


To be eligible, an individual must be

  • 18 years of age or older;

  • An Oregon Resident;

  • An Oregon Worker before or on February 1, 2020;

  • An undocumented immigrant;

  • Lost their wage due to the pandemic; and

  • Experiencing hardship on account of the pandemic.


St. Vincent de Paul

Who to Contact


(503) 235-8431 (English)
(503) 595-2299 (Spanish)

8101 SE Cornwell Portland, OR 97206

Monday – Friday 8:30am – 12:00pm, and 1:00pm – 4:00pm


Gives partial rent payments of $100 – $200


Impact NW

Who to Contact

Call: 503-721-1740
10055 E Burnside Street  Portland, OR 97216

Monday – Thursday 8am – 6pm


Call to get connected with housing case management


NW Pilot Project

Who to Contact

(503) 227-5605

1430 SW Broadway, Ste 200 Portland, OR 97201


For people 55+, without children under 18 in the house


El Programa Hispano Católico

Who to Contact

(503) 669-8350

333 SE 223rd Avenue Suite 100 Gresham, OR 97030


Must have children under the age of 18


Easterseals of Oregon

Who to Contact



Services for veterans



Who to Contact



Services for immigrants and refugees


Transition Projects

Who to Contact



Services for Veterans

Transitional Housing


Human Solutions

Who to Contact

The landlord must be the one applying for this program.
Human solutions does not have walk-up access for its shelters so you need to call 211 to be placed on waitlist


The Human Solutions Family Shelter is a shelter accessible to families – one or more adults with at least one minor child, or individuals in their third trimester of pregnancy.

The Gresham Women’s Shelter is a shelter for anyone who identifies as a woman.


Transition Projects

Who to Contact

Call: (503) 280-4700
Bud Clark Commons day center address:
650 NW Irving Street
Portland OR 97209


Banfield Shelter Motel: A 60-bed emergency shelter open 24/7 for medically vulnerable men, women, and couples in NE Portland (More information)

Laurelwood Center: A 120-bed emergency shelter open 24/7 for women and couples in SE Portland (More information)

River District Navigation Center: A 100-bed emergency shelter open 24/7 for men, women, and couples in NW Portland (More information)

Walnut Park: An 80-bed emergency shelter open overnight for men, women, and couples in NE Portland (More information)

Willamette Center: A 120-bed emergency shelter open 24/7 for women and couples in SE Portland (More information)


Portland Rescue Mission

Who to Contact

Call: (503) 906-7690
Address: 111 W Burnside St
Portland, OR 97209


Check in at at 5:45pm-6:30pm daily to receive a lottery ticket for lottery for a bed


Do Good Multnomah
Wy’East Shelter

Who to Contact

Call: (503) 490-0285
Address: 1415 SE 122nd Avenue Portland, OR 97233


Serves male-identifying individuals age 18 and older. Priority given to veterans, adults 55 and older, and individuals with disabilities.